If you are interested, fill out the form at http://alliedmediaconference.org/webdevapp before Monday, October 1.
Allied Media Projects seeks a web developer to build the online home of the Allied Media Conference.
The Allied Media Conference is an annual, weekend-long gathering of influential, alternative media-makers and committed social justice activists. We gather in order to share and develop strategies, skills and resources for advancing the human right to communication. The home of the AMC is Detroit, Michigan. The 2008 AMC will be held June 20-22.
We seek a website that performs the following functions:
- Users and non-users register for the conference, paying with credit card.
- Users can create profiles and add content.
- Conference registrants can create profiles of organizations.
- Conference presenters add additional information about their session and travel.
- Organize and schedule conference sessions.
- Manage email lists for discussion and announcement.
- Store and manage all data from the above plus additional fields in a single database.
- Integrates data, such as user profiles, from the current Drupal-based site.
- Flexibility with themes or skins to allow for annual re-design.
We prefer open source software. We want a solution that will work for other conferences, too. The AMC currently uses Drupal, so we lean in that direction.
Interested developers and development teams should complete the form below. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Deadline for responses is October 1, 2007. We will select approximately three finalists shortly thereafter to provide a more detailed response. We aim to complete the website before December 24, 2007.
Please forward this message to anyone who might be interested and post the link – http://alliedmediaconference.org/webdevapp – in relevant online forums.